Friday, December 21, 2012

An Update: Stephanie Trimberger and THE RUBY HEART

Earlier this fall, I asked my Seattle-area blog readers to go out to a signing for Stephanie Trimberger's The Ruby Heart -- a book Arthur and I worked on with her as part of the Make-a-Wish program, as chronicled in this video. I'm sorry to have to report that Stephanie passed away in November. But her memory lives on with her novel, and Make-a-Wish has now made The Ruby Heart available as a free PDF download for anyone who'd like to read it. You can check it out here.

(Thank you to reader Pamela for the heads-up.)

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I'm so glad I recently signed up to be notified when you post (I looked a long time ago and somehow my eyes skipped over the widget) because I wouldn't have become aware of this.

    There was no way not to cry over this and the plight of this young woman. Hearing and seeing Arthur speak about the experience was so moving, and I'm sure you both felt a deep sense of loss when she passed, but also grateful you were in a position to do what you did for her.

    So young, so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a sad, touching story. My condolences to Stephanie's family and friends. Thank you to Arthur and Cheryl for bringing such joy to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie's trully an angel now. So sad
    but so glad her wish came true, with your
    kind help.
    topangamaria

    ReplyDelete