Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wish Me Luck with American Airlines.

And now I go away AGAIN for a grand Midwestern tour of Minnesota (hi Carleton friends!), Missouri (hi family!), and Chicago (hi Harry Potter fans!). I should be packing, but bah! Packing! Some fun things instead:

Books I'm taking with me on this trip: Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (to finish it finally!) by Junot Diaz.

* New Yorkers: It's an allusion to Garth Brooks's song "Friends in Low Places." And if you'll pardon me, I'm now going to step on down to the Ohhhh-asis . . . after I finish packing.

4 comments:

  1. I heard about the Tales yesterday. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL news! And there wasn't a more perfect day to hear this :) Belated happy birthday, Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Minnesota. Weather is nice and toasty this week. Not too muggy just yet :)

    Yay for Beedle the Bard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday's Child? My all-time favorite book.
    Enjoy
    -wendieO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe some people haven't even heard of "Friends in Low Places." But I understand that NYC doesn't even have a country radio station. Is that insane or what?

    Have fun with your travels. Have that "country music blarin' on the radio"!

    ReplyDelete